Design new products and provide technical guidance to create unique solutions meeting customer’s expectation in term of technical requirements, lead time, quality and safety.
Solution design (60%) :
- Designs consumable products in a timely manner and in accordance with the engineering procedures:
- Technical review of the order/project details and liaise with the ComOps department and/or the customer when clarifications are needed,
- When applicable, participates in project kick off and follow up meetings,
- Identification, verification and communication of suitable consumable part number according to customer requirements and expectations,
- Design according to the customer’s requirements and the applicable codes (calculation sheets, raw material definition, drawing preparation, system updates, …),
- Issue or update of the applicable specifications (purchasing specification) and procedures (manufacturing, testing, …),
- Preparation of jobs according to customers’ specifications and project timeline:
- Creates methods statement according to the TDW procedures,
- Establishes equipment lists according to the existing equipment and customers’ specifications,
- Design project specific equipment according to the customer’s requirements and the applicable codes (calculation sheets, raw material definition, drawing preparation, system updates, …),
- Monitors equipment preparation progress (in combinaison with the workshop team) to ensure respect of the deadline.
- Ensures compliance with established quality control/assurance procedures while performing all the HT&P related processes.
Technical assistance (30%) :
- Assists in the preparation of quotes to ensure practicality and profitability of the projects.
- On specific request, conducts on-site pre-job field audits/evaluations to identify clients’ requests, solve technical troubles with TDW equipment and provide specific answer to each customer,
- Remains current on new development, policies and procedures relating to equipment and operational/maintenance techniques and implements changes as necessary,